Who is ACAPO and what do we do?
- Assist in facilitating the integration of all individuals of Portuguese origin into Canadian Society in the province of Ontario
- Promote and encourage cultural and historical heritage within the context of Canada’s Multicultural policy
- Promote and encourage interaction between the Portuguese community and other ethno-specific communities
- Analyze problems that affect the Luso-Canadian community and propose possible solutions to individuals or organizations able to address the issues at hand
- Represent and defend the interests of the Luso-Canadian community with official representatives of the Canadian or Portuguese governments
- Promote and encourage interaction and communication between generations of Portuguese-Canadians
- Promote communication and mutual cooperation between Portuguese organizations and Portuguese-speaking organizations
- Support member organizations in organizing activities for their next fiscal year
- Establish and maintain collaboration with other organizations with similar goals and objectives
- Participate actively with organizations whose work ls to better the Portuguese community or Portuguese-speaking community
Portugal Week 2023 Sponsors
,Portugal Week 2022 Official Sponsors
Thank you to our our wonderful sponsors.
ACAPO would like to acknowledge the support and generous contribution from the Ministry of Tourism and Culture through Celebrate Ontario Funding to the Portugal Week festivities. Celebrate Ontario funding enables the continued support of heritage and cultural events throughout our community and aids in our ability to highlight new venues of artistry and culture. The support and dedication of the Portuguese/Canadian community is the backbone to the continue success and celebration of ACAPO’s Portugal Week.
ACAPO is also very grateful to LiUNA, our main event sponsor, for their continued support of Portugal Week.